VTM Group employees' commitment expands beyond the office into the greater Portland area with our Community Outreach Program. This program facilitates opportunities for employees to give back to our neighbors by making a donation directly from their paycheck each month. VTM Group rewards their generosity by allowing them to dress more casually than our standard business attire on Fridays.
At the end of each year, employees that participate in the program are given the opportunity to nominate organizations to support and vote for the upcoming year. For 2017, VTM Group employees voted to support the following organizations:
HomePlate supports the positive development of young people experiencing homelessness or housing instability through community building, education, access to services and resources, and youth empowerment.
The organization is Washington County's only drop-in center and outreach team designed to support and empower youth experiencing housing instability. In 2013 we served 983 youth, with the help of 700+ volunteers, a staff of 5.0 FTE, and over $300,000 in in-kind donations such as hygiene supplies, clothes, space, time, and donated food. HomePlate is proud of our non-assuming program model that meets youth where they are in order to provide meaningful support and opportunities for growth.
Morrison Child & Family Services
Morrison Child and Family Services partners with families and communities to provide effective and responsive services for children and youth coping with adversity and trauma. Morrison deliveres specialized services to children, from birth through age 21, and families coping with abuse, neglect, domestic violence, drug and alcohol addiction, mental health difficulties, criminality, and other harmful stress factors. Our award-winning programs recognize and respect cultural differences and support the growth of children to enhance their safety, development, education, and future success.
Sparrow Clubs USA
Sparrow Clubs USA is primarily a Pacific Northwest charity, serving in the states of Oregon and Washington. The organization not only provides financial and emotional support for children and their families in medical need, but also empowers kids (elementary to college age) to help others through charitable service in their communities.
- We believe that all children will benefit from having meaningful opportunities to engage in giving of themselves to others in need.
- We believe that the quality of life within and around each community can be enriched when members, including children, have the opportunity to give of themselves for the betterment of the whole community. a
- We believe that children learn best from education and life experiences that establish a foundation for successful decision-making.
- We believe that children can distinguish themselves with special traits and qualities at an early stage in their lives when they are presented with opportunities to engage in activities that promote selflessness, services, and caring for others.
The Sparrow Clubs program teaches life lessons in compassion and selflessness through building relationships between a Sparrow family, a school student body, and our community. Sick kids get help, healthy kids become heroes and communities experience change.
Over the years, this employee program has donated many boxes of supplies and thousands of dollars to such non-profits as:
- Community Transition School
- Doctors Without Borders
- Dougy Center
- Dove Lewis Animal Hospital
- Education First
- Free Geek
- HEAT Oregon
- Hurricane Katrina and Indonesian Tsunami Victims
- Japan Earthquake Relief - Medical Teams International
- JOIN PDX
- Loaves and Fishes
- Mercy Corp
- Northwest Medical Teams
- Oregon Food Bank
- Oregon Humane Society
- PAL of Beaverton
- Red Cross Blood Drive
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Sleep Country School Supplies for Foster Kids
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Tucker Maxon School
In addition to these organizations, VTM Group employees annually participate in a Holiday Food Basket Drive occurring October through December. Through this effort they collect and build Holiday Food Baskets and small gifts for local families in need. Employees generously donate new clothes, toys, and household supplies and hand deliver the baskets to the families.